Sat, Aug 20|
Madison Christian School
Major Taylor Columbus Signature Ride
Let's join the first Major Taylor Club... MT Columbus ...for their Signature Ride on Saturday August 20 and pre-ride Friday August 19
Time & Location
Aug 20, 2022, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Madison Christian School, 3565 Bixby Rd, Groveport, OH 43125, USA
About the Event
Let's join the first Major Taylor Club... MT Columbus ...for their Signature Ride on Saturday August 20 and pre-ride Friday August 19. Details below along with registration link:
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/major-taylor-cycling-club-signature-ride-tickets-361108504257
Ride with the first of many cycling clubs named "Major Taylor Cycling Club." We did this with inspiration from our namesake, Marshall Walter “Major Taylor,” who in 1899, became the first African American world champion in cycling.
MTCColumbus Signature Ride & Lunch: Date: August 20, 2022 Event: Bike Ride and Lunch (meal included with registration) Location: Madison Christian Church. 3565 Bixby Road, Groveport, OH 43125. Time: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Registration includes:
- SAG support-mechanical and transportation available until 2:00 pm
- Marked Routes
- Rest Stops: Water, electrolytes, snacks, fruit
- Meal included
- Live entertainment
- Mechanics on site and mobile mechanics will be available
"Since 1979, we've been rolling." The event is open to all cyclists. The ticket cost of $30.00 will end on 7/31/22 at 11:59 p.m. After that date, tickets will be $35.00. The "REMEMBER US URBAN SCOUTS" Youth Bicycle Club will benefit from a share of the ticket sales. Check-out URBAN SCOUTS via the social media links shown below. REMEMBER US URBAN SCOUTS Remember Us Urban Scouts -Facebook
Social Ride |Meet and Greet: Date: August 19, 2022 Location: The Paddock 1005 Richardson Road Groveport, Ohio 43125 Ride Meet-up: 4:00 PM Roll: 4:30 pm Miles: 27 Route: TBD Meet and Greet: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Ride Options: routes TBD
- 10-15 mile family ride
- 33 miles
- 62 miles
- 100 miles
- Up until the day of the event, our route team assesses the routes.
- Please check for updates before attending the event.
- On-site, there will be copies of the routes with rest stops.
- Helmets are required
Agenda: Saturday, August 20, 2022: Check-in / Registration starts at 6:30 AM. - sign-waiver to receive wristbands
- 10/15- mile family ride: group leaves at 10 a.m.
- 33-Mile- Loop: rolling start from 8:30 -10:00 am. Rest- stops
- 62- Mile-Loop: rolling start from 7:30-8 :30 am. Rest- stops
- 100- Mile- Loop: rolling start from 7-7:30 am. Rest- stops and mobile sag with nutrition.
- SAG support-mechanical and transportation only available until 2:00 pm*. All rides should be completed prior to 2:00 pm.*
Post Ride : 11:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Lunch included for those with wristbands. Suggested Hotel nearby: Hampton Inn & Suites Canal Winchester - check back for discount code 700 W Waterloo St, Canal Winchester, OH 43110 1(614) 953-2204
### The "REMEMBER US URBAN SCOUTS" Youth Bicycle Club will benefit from a share of the ticket.